Friday, August 15, 2008

July miniquilt swap

Today I went running for the first time in years....and I'm not in good shape, let me tell you! But that will change in the months to come. Of course I'm going to choose the end of summer to start running, just when it's going to get rainy and cold!

I recieved my miniquilt for July from Sarah from House of Krom today! And I absolutely love it!! Orange and pink is one of my favourite color-combinations.... Thank you so much!
Here's a picture of the back, so lovely!
Isn't is gorgeous?!
Sarah also sent all these goodies
Stickers for Viola (I almost didn't get a picture, she was so excited) and lots and lots of I SPY fabric for Ask's upcoming I SPY quilt. There is also a special coin and some beautiful seashells :-)
It's all so wonderful! Thank you very very much Sarah!

I have finally quilted my dollquilt for Doll Quilt Swap 4. I gave up waiting for the batting I ordered, and....uhm....I'm embarassed to say, I managed to find some batting I had forgotten all about....it was hiding in my sewing-room!
I did the quilting on my machine, and I am not at all confident when it comes to freemotion quilting. But since everybody says, all you can do is practise, I figured I'd better just go ahead and sew....

Just need to sew the binding down on the back, and then it's off on monday!! Hope my swap-partner likes it :-)

14 comments:

Leslie said...

I love your new running shoes. And I wouldn't went to give my quilt away after all that work. Wow!

Marie said...

I know how you feel about running-it gets easier! I have a question about quilting that I may need your expertise on...I'll have to e-mail you.

Jodie said...

Things always hide in my sewing room so i undertsnd about the sneaky batting. I love that newspaper print fabric - it will be great for your next I spy !

Wendy said...

Great job on the running...commit to yourself to get out there every other day for the next few weeks and it will become a habit...I promise. Great job...it's so hard to start!! Wendy
www.therunningquilter.blogspot.com

ladydi said...

You go, girl! Nicely done with the running. AND nicely done with the quilting! Don't you love quilting a small project?? I didn't know you were planning another ISpy - how ambitious.

jacquie said...

Good for you! I'm going to get some new shoes tomorrow. Didn't do very well this week...i'm chalking it up to the week before school starts craziness. i'll do better next week. love the quilt sarah sent you. how pretty!

Anonymous said...

I love both the mini quilt you received and that quilt you made! Running started here too! Great feeling, isn´t it! Let me know, if you need more pieces of fabrics for Ask´s quilt!

susan said...

good luck with the running, i am sending you only good weather to run in. such a lucky lady you are to get that lovely quiltie from sarah. pink and orange, whats not to love?? i am anxious to see your finished quilt.

Mrs Jelly said...

Well now that you've finished one swap - come and join the camper van swap I'm running on my blog!
Good luck with the running!

Dandelion Quilts said...

That quilting looks good! I love the colors in your doll quilt. Look at all of those goodies and that wonderful quilt you received! You're one lucky ducky!

Suzanne said...

I love your doll quilt, I think its amazing that you can quilt that freemotion pattern yourself.
Good on you for the running, my daughter wants me to go running with her, I have been once.

Unknown said...

Love the shoes, they match the mini quilt!! I have gone back and caught up on some of your posts and love what you have been up too!! Fantastic! By the way, getting is shape is a bummer at first, but so well worth it in the end...keep it up and GO GIRL!!!

Amanda Jean said...

from what I can see in the photos, your shoes match your quilt. I love the pink and orange color combo, too.

Anonymous said...

Cute swap goods! How fun to receive such fabulous goodies in the mail!