Thursday, February 25, 2016

WIP: Scrappy Wonky Spiderwebs

....so, while I'm working on block 4 in The Splendid Sampler, and waiting for Month 2 of the Sarah Fielke BOM, I'll share something else I am working on - on and off in between the quilt-alongs!
I have so many scrappy strips in all different widths. I bet I can make several quilts just from these strips. I have not sorted them in any way, and one of the things I like about working with scraps is, that everything is more or less ready to use as is.
I love the spiderweb block, so I have been working on a quilt with that block - I made mine wonky, just because I like it that way

The top is almost done, but it's little small....so I am thinking about ideas for a border. I have a few ideas I have to audition :-)
For this, I bought the grey background fabric, the rest is all scraps. Oh my....

2 comments:

Karen said...

It's fabulous! Your colourful assortment of scraps really "pop" on that grey background!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I don't think I've ever seen the spiderweb done wonky and I like it!! The dark background really shows off the webs.